Best way to sell your house fast
Selling your home can be daunting – all the more so if you are looking for another property to buy at the same time. The decisions you make along the way could save you – or cost you – many thousands of pounds. Here’s everything you need to know about the process of selling a house
Should you sell your house at all?
- If you’re considering selling your home because you need more space, it could be worth comparing the cost of building an extension, converting the attic, or digging out the basement? The costs of selling a home can be so significant (particularly with stamp duty) that it might even save you money to expand your existing home
- Perhaps you are thinking about downsizing? If so we look at the pros, cons, options and what you need to consider in our guide Should I Downsize?
- Depending upon your circumstances, you might be better off renting your home out rather than selling
Below is a step by step guide on the house sale process. Here at Sell My House Quickly Chelmsford we can help with the process of a quick sale, as so many house sales fall through for a number of various reasons. We offer quick service and a fair price for your house.
1. Figure out your finances
2. Decide if you should rent a house next, rather than buy
3. Choose an estate agent to sell your house
4. Get an Energy Performance Certificate
5. Decide how much to sell your home for
6. Prepare your home for sale
7. Hire a conveyancing solicitor
8. Fill out the relevant questionnaires
9. Accept an offer
10. Negotiate the draft contract
11. Exchange contracts
12. Move out
13. Complete the sale
14. Pay off the mortgage
15. Settle up with the conveyancing solicitor and estate agent